Monday, March 3, 2008

6th Annual WPT Celebrity Invitational



Yesterday was amazing day... Got to play in this freeroll event. 1st place takes home a 100k. Start off with 10k in chips... I was kinda frozen around that amount most of the day. There were way more pros than celebrities. In fact, my first table was sort of a nightmare... Mimi Tran, Theo Tran, David Singer, Nick Schulman and a couple other pros whos names I forget...

There were about 440 people in the tourney. With approx 100 people left... I had 14k in chips. The blinds were 500-1000 with 200 antes. This guy (poker pro), who i swear was wearing eyeliner, raises under the gun 2500. He was the chip leader at our table (maybe in the tourney) with about 80k. He kept raising with almost any 2 cards. Its on me, I have AK off suit, so i push all my money in. Suprisingly, this girl behind me pushes all her money in with about 11k. Then its back to the eyeliner guy. Of course he calls. Everyone turns over their cards. She has AQ. He has J8 off suit.

I have the best hand! The flop comes 10-7-3. So far, so good. "Dodging bullets baby." The turn, 6. In my head, Im screaming no Queen, no Jack! Wasn't even thinking about a 9. The river comes and of course... its a 9. The eyeliner @#%@#% hits a gut shot and knocks me out. i was so sick.. i wouda had over 40k and been well on my way to make a run at the money... oh well... next year...

Thanks Melissa... i owe ya... next year we make some money...